Dear Taekwondo Families & Friends,
This is a landmark event, as we will be celebrating the 25th US World Open International Taekwondo Championships here in Portland, Oregon USA from February 28, 2014 – March 1, 2014 at Oregon Convention Center. With support of all Taekwondo families, we promise to bring you the finest and most memorable championships. This year's championships will draw Taekwondo participants from all over the world to our City of Roses.
US World Open Taekwondo Championships is an excellent opportunity for all Taekwondo practitioners to meet with Taekwondo members from all over the world, share the view of Taekwondo movement, and create an opportunity for networking, collaboration, sharing of Taekwondo information and the building of trust relationships internationally.
I wish every participant a great success through this prestigious Taekwondo event and look forward seeing you in many years to come!
US World Open International Taekwondo
Rick W. Shin
U.S. World Open Taekwondo Championships
The Referee Application
is now available. Also, you may apply ON-LINE
- Organizer will appoint the required number of WTF/PATU International Referees. Referees who are interested officiating for this event must apply through www.usworldopen.com by February 1, 2014.
- Roundtrip Airfare shall be borne by each participating International Referee.
- The Organizing Committee shall cover (2) nights room and board expenses (check-in in early afternoon of February 28, 2014; check out before Noon of March 2, 2014). Please note, referee meeting and training will be held at 4:00pm~7:00pm on February 28, 2014.
- The Organizing Committee shall provide each participating WTF / PATU International Referee with a daily honorarium of US$100.00 for 1 day of competition.
VISA APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NON NATIONAL TEAM MEMBERS
Since it is becoming increasingly difficult to get visas to the USA we must institute the following rules for all groups other than official national teams who will require a visa in order to attend the US World Open.
1. You must submit a Letter of Intention to participate (via email or post) and request an official invitation. The letter must include a list of names of all prospective participants traveling to the event, along with their birth dates, ages and passport numbers. You must also submit the visa issuing U.S. Embassy's contact information. We will then provide you with ONE free of charge standard official invitation via email, that can be used to apply for a visa. For any alteration to the original letter such as adding participants or if you need a hard copy of the invitation mailed to you there is a flat fee of $25.00 to do so.
2. If you need assistance with your visas all competitors, coaches, etc. must pre-register and pre-pay for the event before we can assist with the visa process. Assistance includes any special documentation provided by us to make your visa request stronger. However we cannot make any guarantees regarding visa issuance as this is entirely up to the issuing officers at the embassy. As such no refunds will be given. If you have prepaid for an event and were unable to get a visa, we will credit the fee for any future event sponsored by us that you might be attending.
The visa process must be started no later than 90 days before event and all information and requirements must be received by then. Any time beyond this date and we will NOT be in the position to guarantee assistance with your visa.
International Federations needing specific visa invitations may contact Rick Shin, Tournament Director, at email@example.com
RED LION HOTEL PORTLAND - CONVENTION CENTER
1021 NE Grand Ave. Portland, Oregon 97232 Tel (503)235-2100 1-800-RED-LION. Mention “US World Open” for special rates. This hotel is located across street from the tournament venue.